Friday, July 28, 2006

BMB06/18 Big Bear 28th July 2006

The weather in Big Bear was glorious this morning, and more like Spring than Summer with temperatures in the low seventies. Birding was quiet but Division Road was quite fruitful with a number of NRW Swallows and several nests, some of them full of youngsters.

Bearpaw Ranch Friday 11th August 2006

Meet at Denny’s & I10 in Palm Springs at 7am for car pooling. Consolidate at the parking lot of the Ranger Station at Yucaipa on Highway 38 around 8am. Bring a picnic and water: this could be an interesting day – we have not been for a couple of years.

If you would like to join please email me and I will confirm.

Top of the Tram Monday 14th August 2006

If you would like a brief, easy bird walk around the ¾ mile trail in Long Valley, with no climbing and no rough trails, email me. We would probably also cover the area around the stream just beyond the Ranger Station, but nothing strenuous (but sadly I can do nothing about the ramp)

Oak Glen (Los Rios) Friday 18th August 2006

Meet at Denny’s Palm Springs, Indian and I10 at 7.30am, bring water for a short field trip, back in Palm Springs before lunch.

Queries, call me at 760 328 6750 or cell 760 333 2366 or email. If you are weary of these messages, send an email and I will delete.


Good Birding.............bb